Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Writing - The Calamity Girl




For the next month I'll be sharing my experience in the NANAMO contest.  I'm currently writing a chic lit novel called The Calamity Girl.  It's coming along nicely and I've changed my outline 3 times in one day.  Not bad for someone who 3 days ago didn't have any ideas on what to write.

So first I listed any and all ideas to get the creative juices going.

Next I started writing by asking, "What if?"

My first question was - What if I met an Alien, what would I do?

It sounds strange but hey I wanted to use my imagination.

The setting is 2009 - Let's just say you did have a close encounter with an alien being, tell me, what would you do?

Would you keep it a secret, fearing that your family and loved ones would think you are nuts?

Call the local tabloids, take pictures and make some money?

Report the alien to the military so they can capture it and do all sorts of nasty tests on it?

Exactly what would you do , if you met an alien?

I'll be sharing my story about my writing on The Idea Girl Says...

No comments:

Post a Comment